Chic Design Studios-Kimberly Watt

Chic Design Studios focus is to maintain the highest quality product, cutting edge design, at the most affordable prices.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

October: Teresa at Noah's South Jordan
















Teresa is a very very good friend of mine. We went to High School together as well as lived together during college. Teresa picked a great location at Noah's in South Jordan. This is my first wedding at this location and I was totally impressed with all the variety they have to offer. Teresa wanted something clean and fresh. She likes green, white, and brown. Since she trusts me... :) she just let me run with her wedding. And I DID! :)
I adore orchids so I had to use lime green cymbidium orchids as her green. My next favorite green flower is green roses, they are so awesome! For the white we used white hydrangea (another favorite) and white callas. I accented with brown monkey tails and brown wire for the wrap. Her bridesmaid had hydrangea, roses, and green carnations. To save on cost we double used her bridesmaid bouquet for some of her centerpieces. We had tall and short centerpieces the short cubes where the bridesmaids bouquet and the tall cylinders were filled with river rock and we floated a single orchid at the bottom. Also to add a little bling I made a curly willow top and hung jewels from the curly willow. Turned out pretty cool I think! :) For the cake we decorated the layers with lime green cymbidium orchids. For the tables we used brocade runners in brown and we rented some high boy tables for a difference in height and used brown and cream fabrics. All in all it turned out very modern and elegant.

No comments: